I am so totally a sucker for a good, I mean great berry smoothie recipe.
It is so weird because they don’t really seem all that healthy, because they are freaking delicious. Since I have been making my homemade smoothies, the store ones and the ones at stands bare no resemblance to the greatness you can make in your own kitchen and I have many thoughts on why….like FAKE ingredients, but I won’t go off on that right now
Chia Seeds have been on my mind and now they are making their way into my belly.
I mean really, have you ever done any research into what these TINY little bad boys can do for you?
Societies in the world have been known to survive on them alone, because they are so nutrient rich. They also act like little toxic absorbers in your intestine, attracting, collecting and eventually eliminating all that garbage that built up in your gut.
Spinach, as you know is super rich wonderful vitamins and nutrients and is just awesome. Kiwis and blackberries are good for you too, but their taste alone grants their admission to this Smoothie Recipe. I have been know to eat some kiwis.
Anyways, so on with…
Spinach-Kiwi-Blackberry with Chia Seed Smoothie Recipe
- Spinach: About a handful or so
- Kiwi: I used 2, but you may want to start with one
- Blackberries: I use a handful
- Chia Seeds: 2 Tablespoons
- Yogurt, Milk, Almond Milk or Apple Juice: About 1 cup
- I used a Nutri-Bullet for this Smoothie, as my Omega doesn't quite do the job for smoothies.
- I also used all organic ingredients, but you can substitute.
- Drink: And Enjoy